Physiotherapy, a therapy for physical relief, is what the term means. Physiotherapy is basically a treatment through which the health issues of a patient is healed by heat treatment, exercise, massage and other processes rather than using any medical pills , surgery and any other medical treatment. the treatment also involve certain types of therapy which practices would lead a life in which a person would be fit , less prone to disease, will have more physical functionality, activeness etc. And the one who is specialised in this therapy is said to be a physiotherapist, who on the basis of X-ray, CT scan and other report provide a set of physiotherapy plan which leads the patient’s ailment disappear without any medical drugs or surgery
The evolution of physiotherapy took place about in 460 BC, and the pioneer of physiotherapy is said to be the physicians like Hippocrates and Galen, who had used treatment like heat, massage and other technique to treat patient diagnosed with several kinds of ailment. The evolution of modern physiotherapy had commenced from Sweden which gradually moved to other countries and set out its feet globally. It had major role in world war, where trained woman physiotherapist had helped in restoring injured soldiers their physical functionality and movement, activeness, mobility etc. There are many more striking events in history that established physiotherapy, which what now looks like.
With the development of world with the time moving by, the structure, method and practice of physiotherapy progressively too upgraded. Several new branches of physiotherapy evolved, all of which had their own specialism is treating the physical ailment of the diagnosed patient. Let us take a view over specific types of physiotherapy.
* Geriatrics: it is physiotherapy that has main concentration on adult patient. This mainly involve massage, exercise or heat therapy etc that would improve functionality and movement of an elderly person.
* Paediatrics: it is a physiotherapy that has toddlers, infant, new born child as their patient. This physiotherapy mainly improves the problem of them through different methods.
* Orthodontics: this field of physiotherapy mainly deals with problem of muscular and skeleton system of body like joint pain, ligament, bone etc.
* Neurological: this field of physiotherapy mainly heals neural problem such as brain injury, spinal cord, brain stroke etc.
* Cardiopulmonary: it mainly deals with cardiac and pulmonary problem of a patient.
* Sports: in sports physiotherapy plays a vital role, as it focuses on an athlete’s physical well being.
Such as these there are other field of physiotherapy like orthodontic, integumentary, electrophysiology etc.
So, as conclusion we can come to the certainty that physiotherapy has a major role in the modern era of medical treatment as it has no side effects but provide a patient cure without any drug or surgery that most of people are worried of.